Travel Links & resources
If you plan on traveling for any reason, then it is a good idea to research as much as you can before you book the flight. That way, you will have all of the information you need for a safe and smooth flight. You “need to look up information about your destination, like the best place to grab a cappuccino, what time it is in Zimbabwe, what the currency of Chile is, or what the current US Department of State travel requirements are, or what the current travel situation is from the Hong Kong governments perspective.” (Virtuoso)
To get you started in the right direction, here are helpful travel links to use for research well before you pack your carry-on luggage or travel baggage.
Real TIme Flight Information in Hong Kong
US Department of State
- This will help you with information you may need if you are an American citizen who will be traveling abroad.
- This international currency converter will make it easy for you to determine how much money you need and have.
- Air Hong Kong, www.airhongkong.com.hk
- Virgin America, www.virginamerica.com
- Cathay Pacific, www.cathaypacific.com
- Dragonair, www.dragonair.com
- Hong Kong Airways, www.hongkongairways.com
- Hong Kong Express Airways, www.flyhkexpress.com
- Metrojet, www.metrojet.com
- Waterfront Air, www.waterfrontair.com
- US Airways, www.usairways.com
- United Airlines, www.united.com
- Southwest Airlines, www.southwest.com
- JetBlue, www.jetblue.com
- Delta Airlines, www.delta.com
- Continental Airlines, www.continental.com
- American Airlines, www.aa.com
- Allegiant Air, www.allegiantair.com
- Alaska Airlines, www.alaskaair.com
The Worldtime Clock
- This will allow you to convert time internationally so you will know what time it is wherever you may travel.
The Weather Channel
- This will allow you to look at current weather and forecasts throughout the world so that you can keep up with conditions for your whole trip.
CDC Travel Site
Hong Kong Travel Guide:
Tips for Disabled Travelers
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- You can find out guidelines and everything you need to know about flying and getting through security checkpoints more easily. You can learn details on what can be included in carry-on luggage and what cannot.
Hand Baggage Restrictions at Hong Kong Airport
- Passengers using Hong Kong International Airport are expected to follow the hand baggage guidelines set by the Airline Operators Committee. These state that hand baggage carried onboard an aircraft must not exceed 56cm x 36cm x 23 cm (22” x 14” x 9”).
- You can check whether your baggage is the right size by using the measuring gauges found around the Check-in Hall and at the entrances of the Immigration Halls in Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. If you are uncertain, please check with your airline.
Make sure you do plenty of research well before you are traveling. This way, you won’t run into any surprises that could interrupt your vacation or your business trip. Always check with the airlines as well so that you will know what size hand luggage you can carry on and any weight limits required for checked luggage.
ABC Go, http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/feature?section=news/consumer&id=7861571
Leave a Reply